
I thought I'd have time to knit the stripe hat when I was in Hawaii in December but no such luck. It required counting rows and weaving in new yarn so for a newbie like me, on a tropical island, it was too much to think about. I finished it when I returned but I think I must have lost count along the way. I added too many rows so it ended up looking like something outta Fat Albert...hey, hey, hey...
I have a couple of projects in the works. One is a beautiful Cable Bag, designed by Tiffany at the Yarn Garden (with a slight modification) in Misti Alpaca yarn (super chunky). I'm learning how to cable stitch with this little number, and so far it's alot of fun! Although, it's turning into a huge bag so I'm not sure if I should just buy extra yarn or rip it out and start over to make a smaller bag since I'm very low maintenance and carry next to nothing. Another wip is the Seed Stitch Cable Bag that I'm very excited about it also. I love learning new stitch patterns!
1 comment:
the cable bag looks fantastcic...three needle bind off here you come! I heart the hat, too.
Post a Comment