January 16, 2007

Bag Lady

Yet another bag in the works! This is the third one currently on the needles. This one, the Doctor's Bag, is from the Knit2Together book (by Tracey Ullman and Mel Clark). I love the herringbone pattern (another new stitch to add to my growing repertoire), which I taught myself...well, sort of. It was a little wonky but Edith Eid, of La Knitterie Parisienne on Ventura, was gracious enough to straighten me out. What a fabulous selection of yarn they have!! I felt like I died and gone to yarn heaven! She helped me select a wonderful yarn, a perfect choice for this project, as it really enhances the herringbone pattern and with the natural beige color, gives it an organic, basket-weave texture.

2 comments:

Macoco said...

The bag looks like it's coming along great - I really like the color.

WhatWouldBetseyDo said...

Wow, this is inspiring. Please post it as you continue or finish - I'd love to see!