I'm so pleased at how this bag turned out!! This was my first really involved project where I learned to follow a cable pattern, knit seed stitches, and finally used my sewing machine (an Xmas gift from Dean) to line the bag with a vintage floral print. There were countless times when I had to rip back rows because I'd lost my place in the pattern sequence, or dropped stitches here and there. At first I was terrified that I'd unravel too much and not know how to correct it, but it was such a great sense of accomplishment when I actually figured it out. Lesson learned: the only way to fix and better understand knitting is to recognize when there is a problem, take action to work through it with grace, patience and an open-mind, and with that comes growth and sweet results. Kinda like life...
February 12, 2007
Brown Baggin' It
I'm so pleased at how this bag turned out!! This was my first really involved project where I learned to follow a cable pattern, knit seed stitches, and finally used my sewing machine (an Xmas gift from Dean) to line the bag with a vintage floral print. There were countless times when I had to rip back rows because I'd lost my place in the pattern sequence, or dropped stitches here and there. At first I was terrified that I'd unravel too much and not know how to correct it, but it was such a great sense of accomplishment when I actually figured it out. Lesson learned: the only way to fix and better understand knitting is to recognize when there is a problem, take action to work through it with grace, patience and an open-mind, and with that comes growth and sweet results. Kinda like life...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Luv the lining!!!! It turned out gorgeous!
Post a Comment