February 12, 2007

FL3 Putt


For one my father-in-law's 90th birthday gifts I thought I'd test out my knitting skills to make him a golf club cover. Believe it or not, he is still actively playing golf on a regular basis and shoots under his age. (That's him in the photo). He's known as FL3putt - hence the embroidery. My first time with the needle and the sewing seemed to take longer than the knitting itself. Overall, the end result fell a bit short of what I had envisioned as it came out looking like an adult wool sock thrown in a hot dryer - it was a wisp of a thing and I thought for sure it wouldn't fit over the club head, but the sucker stretches more than I thought. Although the embroidery turned out fine, it wasn't centered properly so after the seams were sewn, the verbiage was illegible. But the saving grace was the pom-pom that was obnoxiously oversized, but it gave it character. Not my best work so I'm leaving it up to your imagination ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

90!?!?! Wow! Nice Duplicate Stitch! You have surpassed the teach for sure on that - I am always lookin to avoid dup. st. whenever possible since mine always looks bleh. Come to late night knit night and show off one of these Friday nights. ;)